Student Employee - Cashier/Office Assistant
Job no: 492415
Work type: Regular/Continuing
Location: LCC Downtown Campus
Title: Student Employee - Cashier/Office Assistant
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is: June 18, 2021
Hours Per Week: Up to 25 Hours
Compensation Type: Hourly Salary
New Hire Starting Pay: 10.00 / hr.
Employee Classification: Students Working
Division: Financial Services - 70000
Department: Student Finance - 70130
Campus Location: LCC Downtown Campus
Position Type: Regular/Continuing
Bargaining Unit: Non Bargaining
Department Contact Name (Student): Jennifer Sevic
Department Contact Email (Student): email@example.com
This position supports the Student Finance Office at LCC. Student staff will assist students with account related questions and provide ongoing customer service by assisting in-person and over the phone. This position assists the Student Finance Office with running and executing various reports, filing, mail distribution and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Work approximately 25 hours a week Monday through Friday - Must be able to to work independently, prioritize work assignments by demonstrating dependability and flexibility - Possess a commitment to diversity, continuous improvement and the community college philosophy at LCC.
The primary purpose of student employment is to provide current LCC students with the opportunity to acquire job skills and experiences during semesters in which they are attending LCC classes as follows:
• Enrolled and actively attending the following minimum LCC credit hours by semester:
- Fall and/or Spring Semester(s) = 6.0 credits (taken over a minimum 16-week period)
- Summer Semester = 3.0 credits (taken over a minimum 8-week period)
• 2.00 GPA minimum (unless it is the student's first semester of enrollment at LCC or approval to waive requirement is granted from the Student Employment Coordinator)
Note: International students (i.e. F-1 visa holders w/ valid I-20 issued by LCC) must meet the following minimum enrollment requirements each semester, in order to maintain employment eligibility per United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USICS):
- Fall and/or Spring Semester(s) = 12.0 credits (taken over a minimum 16-week period)
- Summer Semester = 3.0 credits (taken over a minimum period 8-week period)
- Previous experience working in an office environment with an emphasis on providing quality customer service
Lansing Community College is an equal opportunity, educational institution/employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend