Student Employee - Student Reader
Job no: 492366
Work type: Regular/Continuing
Location: LCC Downtown Campus
Title: Student Employee - Student Reader
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is: 1/9/2021
Hours Per Week : Up to 25 Hours
New Hire Starting Pay: 10.75 / hr.
Employee Classification: Students Working
Division: Student Affairs Division - 20000
Department: Non Traditional / Spec Pops - 20250
Campus Location: Aviation Maintenance
Position Type: Regular/Continuing
Bargaining Unit: Non Bargaining
Department Contact Name (Student): Laurie Bates
Department Contact Email (Student): firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Contact Phone # (Student): 517-267-5810
The primary purpose of student employment is to provide current LCC students with the opportunity to acquire job skills and experiences during semesters while actively attending classes at LCC.
The Student Reader provides both direct and indirect support to students with disabilities who work with the Center for Student Access.
• Direct support includes reading and scribing in both classroom and testing environments
• Indirect support includes the production of electronic text and other alternative materials.
Student Readers are expected to help with various clerical office tasks such as answering the phone, responding to e-mail messages and scheduling student appointments for Readers. Other duties will be assigned pursuant to supporting the greater Student Support department and its program offerings (i.e. helping with Welcome Week activities, providing front counter service, etc.).
Requirements for LCC Student Employment:
• Enrolled & actively attending the following minimum LCC credit hours each semester, in order to be work eligible:
- Fall and/or Spring Semester(s) = 6.0 credits (taken over a minimum 16-week period)
- Summer Semester = 3.0 credits (taken over a minimum 8-week period)
• 2.00 GPA minimum (unless it is the student's first semester of enrollment at LCC or approval to waive requirement is granted from the Student Employment Coordinator)
Note: International students (i.e. F-1 visa holders w/ valid I-20 issued by LCC) must meet the following minimum enrollment requirements each semester, in order to maintain employment eligibility per United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USICS):
- Fall and/or Spring Semester(s) = 12.0 credits (taken over a minimum 16-week period)
- Summer Semester = 3.0 credits (taken over a minimum period 8-week period)
Lansing Community College is an equal opportunity, educational institution/employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend