Student Employee - Financial Aid Document Processing
Job no: 492945
Work status: Regular/Continuing
Location: LCC Downtown Campus
Work type: Part Time
Title: Student Employee - Financial Aid Document Processing
Hours Per Week: Up to 25 Hours
Compensation Type: Hourly Salary
Position Wage: 13.50
Employee Classification: Students Working
Division: Financial Services - 70000
Department: Financial Aid - 20310
Campus Location: LCC Downtown Campus
Position Type: Regular/Continuing
Bargaining Unit: Non Bargaining
Department Contact Name (Student): Michael Fenning
Department Contact Email (Student): email@example.com
Department Contact Phone # (Student): 517-483-1299
Student applicants are encouraged to follow up with the Department Contact listed above regarding the status of their submitted application. Student positions are filled each semester on a need-to-hire basis. Applicants are reviewed whenever the department has an immediate need to fill a vacancy; the review of applications typically ends once all available positions are filled.
Student employees in the Financial Aid department assist with the following Document Processing job duties:
• Ensure timely and accurate data entry using Banner and Campus Logic systems (training provided)
• Handle all student records securely and confidentially as determined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines (training provided)
• Perform scanning/indexing of all incoming financial aid documents received via 1st class mail, fax, in-person/drop-box and e-mail.
• Run various system reports and perform prescribed system updates based on specific report results.
• Support the operations of the loan and scholarship programs by performing PLUS Loan credit checks and maintenance of external scholarship list.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
Regular on campus presence is expected for all LCC employment. Any flexible work schedules and/or hybrid work schedules approved by the College are subject to change based on the needs of the LCC community.
Requirements for LCC Student Employment:
The primary purpose of student employment is to provide current LCC students the opportunity to acquire job skills and experiences during semesters in which they are attending classes as follows:
• Enrolled and actively attending the following total LCC credit hours by semester
- Fall and/or Spring Semester(s) = 6.0 credits minimum (taken over 16-week period)
- Summer Semester = 3.0 credits minimum (taken over 8-week period)
• 2.00 GPA minimum (unless it’s student's first semester of enrollment at LCC and/or granted approval to waive requirement from the Student Employment Coordinator)
Note: International students (i.e. F-1 visa holders w/ valid I-20 issued by LCC) must meet the following minimum enrollment requirements each semester, in order to maintain employment eligibility per United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USICS):
- Fall and/or Spring Semester(s) = 12.0 credits min. (taken over 16-week period)
- Summer Semester = 3.0 credits min. (taken over 8-week period)
• Previous experience working in an office environment but not required
Lansing Community College is an equal opportunity, educational institution/employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend