PT Admin - Experiential Learning Coordinator
Job no: 492560
Work status: Provisional/Grant Funded
Location: LCC West
Work type: Part Time
View Position Description
Title: PT Admin - Experiential Learning Coordinator
This posting is open until filled
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is: 10/10/2021
Hours Per Week: Up to 25 Hours
Compensation Type: Annual Salary
New Hire Starting Pay: $26,908 - $37,262
Employee Classification: PT Admin Salaried- Union
Level: PT Administrative-3
Division: Community Education & Workforce Dev - 30000
Department: Jobs Training Center - 30214
Campus Location: LCC West Campus
Position Type: Provisional/Grant Funded
Bargaining Unit: AFT
To view the applicable labor contract, visit the Labor Relations web site.
The Experiential Learning Coordinator assists the division of Community Education & Workforce Development in developing and overseeing LCC’s range of experiential learning initiatives. The Coordinator will maintain current in best practices regarding Credit by Exam, Credit from Licensure/Certification, military transcripts, standardized exams, and other credit for experiential learning experiences. They will:
• Initiate proactive individualized guidance and support to assist prospective students wishing to utilize work experiences or credentials to gain college credit at LCC.
• Proactively anticipate and detect ways in which specific support services can be utilized to assist assigned students in successfully advancing their education; identify appropriate interventions and promptly connect assigned students to relevant academic and community resources (e.g., academic advisors, academic program managers, designated subject matter experts, etc.) as necessary to assure academic persistence and success; monitor and track efficacy of such resources in achieving individual student success and persistence, retention, and completion rates of assigned students.
• Direct students and prospective students on options for attaining credit from various types of applicable prior learning. Must work independently with academic areas of the College to further develop appropriate standards and criteria for granting credit from various types of applicable prior learning.
• Coordinate with academic areas of the College to grant appropriate transfer credit from prior learning in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
• Monitor and track student progress toward completion of the student’s goal (certificate, degree or transfer) on a current or “real time” basis.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related area from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
Demonstrated experience in presentation and public speaking, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience working with diverse populations.
Master’s Degree in a related area from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
Relevant and progressively responsible experience in recruitment, orientation, advising or student affairs related areas.
Experience with case management.
Experience with computer applications, internet tools, social media, communication tools, and student information systems.
Lansing Community College is an equal opportunity, educational institution/employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend